We are pleased to be working with the USDA and their continuing education program. Below you will find more information on how to enroll, which science courses are approved for tuition reimbursement, how to get your transcripts and more. 

EDUKAN approved courses for USDA Continuing Education Program Reimbursement

EDUKAN is a consortium of 6 Western Kansas community colleges that offers fully accredited, quality, low-cost, online courses year round using the latest distance education technology for easy mobile access along with flexible schedules. Our 6 member consortium includes:

Barton Community College, in Great Bend; Colby Community College, in Colby; Dodge City Community College, in Dodge City; Garden City Community College, in Garden City; Pratt Community College, in Pratt; and Seward County Community College, in Liberal

All 6 college members follow the EDUKAN course schedule and offer all EDUKAN courses unless otherwise noted on the course schedule. The courses are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools through our member colleges.

EDUKAN Distance Learning Science Courses approved for Tuition Reimbursement by the USDA 

We are excited to work with USDA employees to help them with their continuing education by offering online, flexible schedules and the courses needed to advance. In addition to these six courses, employees can also take other online classes from EDUKAN for $150 per credit hour in state or out of state. Our online courses are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day through the internet. Most of our courses come with embedded ebooks where available or the “right” book noted in the course information, so you can get the book you need, the first time.

EDUKAN Science Courses: (28 Science Credit Hours @ $150 per credit = $4,200)

  • AG149 Principles of Animal Science (3 credit hours)
  • BI100 Principles of Biology (5 credit hours)
  • BI280 Principles of Microbiology (5 credit hours)
  • CH176 Fundamentals of Chemistry (5 credit hours)
  • CH177 Chemistry I (5 credit hours)
  • CH177 Chemistry II (5 credit hours)

Getting Started

First, new students will need to complete our free online application form found on this page: Student Application. Please review the additional information on the application page as you will be choosing one of the six colleges as the college of enrollment for tuition payments and transcripts.

After you complete the application, you will be able to enroll in any of the courses available by semester session via our online Course Registration System. You can find the current courses offered by semester session here on our site.

Paying for Tuition

All financial aspects of EDUKAN enrollments are completed by your college of enrollment, including billing statements, making payment and processing/packaging of financial aid/military benefits. 

Three (3) of our consortium members offer payment plan options to EDUKAN students:

  • Barton Community College
  • Colby Community College
  • Seward County Community College

You can find out more about paying for your courses here on our site.

Need more help?

Please click on the YELLOW Tab on the right side of the page for our online chat system to connect to one of our advisors for further assistance.